팔로어

2008년 10월 19일 일요일

Multiply - Java Uploader not working in Firefox?

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Other
You love Mozilla Firefox. You browse Multiply with Mozilla Firefox...Everything seems to be in order...

One day you are trying to share some of your wonderful photos with your friends and family then later you found out that the java uploader in Multiply says the loading failed...Frustrating right?

At first I thought it was some compatibility issue between Java and Firefox 3.0x...Then after a very long time, I found out that one of the root cause with this issue is due to the Google toolbar version(3.1.xxxx)

To solve this problem...simply
1) click Tools --> Options
2) go to Security tab
3) click the Exception button
4) In "Address of Web Site" type in your own multiply url : eg mine is wingcom.multiply.com or to be general, just put in www.multiply.com
5) Click allow and make sure your multiply url appear in the lower box with the status "Allow"
6) Try loading the java uploader again, it should work nicely now
7) Enjoy uploading again, using Firefox 3.0

* I think Firefox 2.0 is not having such problem...

Let me know if you have trouble with this guide :-)

wingcom©...copyrighted... ^.^

댓글 23개:

Steven Kok :

oh...i din use google toolbar...
so no problem

toto 。 :

I got tis problem while using google chorme

打鼓 お! :

google chrome is not stable yet :-)

Albert Mah :

Steady lah.. I really having this problem too... Thanks for sharing..=P

打鼓 お! :

toto...regarding your chrome problem, you can try the following

http://www.java.com/en/download/chrome.jsp?locale=en&host=www.java.com:80

install that with your own risk as indicated in the site

馬摯 A. :

I'm using firefox 3.0.3 uploading on Java is working.

打鼓 お! :

You use google toolbar 3.1.xxxx?

fierce momo +__x :

i guna safari, tak de masalah.

打鼓 お! :

bagus :D

黑人蓝保 老鼠 :

google chrome还不能吧...可怜...

Albert Mah :

hmm...my java uploader still got problem..never mind.. I will use safari to upload photos lah..=P

打鼓 お! :

you try to use firefox(safe mode), it should work...as it disable all the add-on

打鼓 お! :

try download the latest java update 10

leng leng :

sometimes can sometimes cant
my firefox is very emotional wtf

打鼓 お! :

toto...chrome with java update 10, working good

vivi leong :

@.@

toto 。 :

tx~ wingcom

ping ping :

@@~

Francis Salvador :

thanks! it's now working!

zaw myo :

Hi Hi! How are you? May I introduce my self. My name is "Zaw Myo Myint". Yangon is My native town. I was in Aug 9 1988. I want to upload my website well. So, can you teach me? If you can teach me, my address is zawmyo999@gmail.com. Contact me. By the way, you are very lovely.
Good Sweet & Good Dream - - -

Rogerio Dias :

I've been using Firefox 3.0 for a long time and only recently I'm having this Java Uploader not loading. The gimmick suggested did not work, unfortunately, so I think it's another kind of problem.
What I don't understand is what Multiply help suggests: try another uploading scheme - this is no answer at all to solve the problem!
Cheers from Rio

P.S. It's better to change browser: with IE it worked!
An utterly simpler solution...

打鼓 お! :

yup, IE works, you can also try chrome, but of course you need to update your Java to version update 10

打鼓 お! :

and I found out that somehow if the google toolbar is of version 5 beta, the above method will fail and that is the time you either disable the google toolbar add-on or uninstall it :-) but that is not what I wish to do