팔로어

2008년 3월 2일 일요일

First Time Voters

Rating:
Category:Other
Juli Ooi: I would like to advise first-time voters to check with the Election Commission (EC) to ensure that they have been registered as voters.

I was a first-time voter in the 2004 election and I was told that my name was not in the register when I presented my Mykad at the polling station. Upon my insistence that I had checked my eligibility to vote at the EC website, the officer pointed me to another counter where I was again told that my name was not in the register. I raised my voice in displeasure and this second officer bent sideways to produce another register from under the table and only then allowed me to vote.

So, first-time voters, please be ready to face such tactics when you go to vote on March 8. The government and EC will do their utmost best to deny you your right to vote as they know first-timers are likely to be opposition supporters.

댓글 8개:

肯尼卡卡 kennycarmen :

i'll be a first time voter on next election...hahahahahahahaha

toto 。 :

也燃起窝爱国的火把~ 下一届见~!!!!

打鼓 お! :

make sure go to the nearest post office with computer to register yourself...dont delay :-)

toto 。 :

鸟人~ 你是爱国的~

leng leng :

lalalalalaa ~

jeremy siow :

right! so i will bring together the print out(register info on wensite) go to vote! See what they say!

toto 。 :

i bring my lawyer along..~

Fei Cheng Yap :

今年我迟了报名。。。。。>.<
我还没投过票,
下一届吧~